Israel and Hezbollah edge closer to all-out war

Discussion of the latest Peak Oil news (please also check the Website News area below)

Moderator: Peak Moderation

Forever_Winter

Re: Israel and Hezbollah edge closer to all-out war

Post by Forever_Winter »

Watching channel 4 news. It's so pro-hizbollah it's almost funny. I actually think that Israel has 'gone rogue' and have stuck two fingers up to the US and everyone else....they want to finish this once and for all ...not sure where this will lead but I guess we'll find out soon enough...
Forever_Winter

Post by Forever_Winter »

Looks like the Israelis are looking to finish the job :shock:

[https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/ ... test-news/]
clv101
Site Admin

Post by clv101 »

I don't understand Israel's end game. No matter what they do, they are going to be surrounded, for at least a generation by many millions of folk who dislike them. Was that the aim?
Forever_Winter

Post by Forever_Winter »

clv101 wrote: 30 Sep 2024, 20:09 I don't understand Israel's end game. No matter what they do, they are going to be surrounded, for at least a generation by many millions of folk who dislike them. Was that the aim?
They probably want to survive.....
UndercoverElephant

Post by UndercoverElephant »

clv101 wrote: 30 Sep 2024, 20:09 I don't understand Israel's end game. No matter what they do, they are going to be surrounded, for at least a generation by many millions of folk who dislike them. Was that the aim?
There is no endgame. There is only hate. And lust for lebensraum.
"We fail to mandate economic sanity because our brains are addled by....compassion." (Garrett Hardin)
clv101
Site Admin

Post by clv101 »

Forever_Winter wrote: 30 Sep 2024, 20:15
They probably want to survive.....
But their future looks more perilous today than last year. Remove external support from US, UK and others and Israel looks extremely vulnerable for second half the century.
UndercoverElephant

BBC reporting that Iran is about to launch a missile attack on Israel.
"We fail to mandate economic sanity because our brains are addled by....compassion." (Garrett Hardin)
clv101
Site Admin

Post by clv101 »

They have and it looks like many have made it through Israeli defences. The escalation continues.
Mark

Post by Mark »

UndercoverElephant wrote: 01 Oct 2024, 15:46 BBC reporting that Iran is about to launch a missile attack on Israel.
It's underway - hold your hats, this could get very messy....
Ralphw2

Post by Ralphw2 »

140 Ballistic missiles over Israel, not all intercepted.
clv101
Site Admin

Post by clv101 »

If this, and many other videos, is real, Iran are having a huge impact - one that will force a major response:
https://x.com/sentdefender/status/18411 ... aHENw&s=19
UndercoverElephant

clv101 wrote: 01 Oct 2024, 18:14 If this, and many other videos, is real, Iran are having a huge impact - one that will force a major response:
https://x.com/sentdefender/status/18411 ... aHENw&s=19
Looks real to me. Israel has had this coming. The United States is ultimately responsible for failing to stop the criminal regime in Tel Aviv a long time ago.

What is the Islamic world supposed to do? Just allow Israel to behave like Nazi Germany and not respond? If there's a major response from the US then Iran *will* escalate in return. I do not doubt that. This situation won't de-escalate -- will not end -- until Israel is brought back under the control of normal international law and diplomacy.

Why is there no more news? Why no reports of what is happening on the ground? Why no statements from western leaders?
adam2
Site Admin

Post by adam2 »

UndercoverElephant wrote: 01 Oct 2024, 19:28
Why is there no more news? Why no reports of what is happening on the ground? Why no statements from western leaders?
There is no, or least very little news about what is happening on the ground for two main reasons Firstly it is dark which limits the opportunity to gather decent quality images or video. Secondly most reporters are probably hiding in shelters.
Western leaders are probably waiting to see what happens next, and who is winning, before making statements.

Expect more news tomorrow when daylight allows better reporting, and western leaders decide how to "spin" the news.
"Installers and owners of emergency diesels must assume that they will have to run for a week or more"
adam2
Site Admin

Post by adam2 »

There are SOME reports from people on the ground, but rather limited https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c70w1j0l488o

The video in the above link reminds me of this fictional scene https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0Njz5VLcCY
"Installers and owners of emergency diesels must assume that they will have to run for a week or more"
BritDownUnder

Post by BritDownUnder »

I hear the Ayatollah has gone into hiding.

Personally I like Paul Hogan's take on the Middle East conflict.

I think this is just a distraction to remove Western air defence capabilities to Ukraine.

Regarding...
adam2 wrote: 01 Oct 2024, 21:32 There are SOME reports from people on the ground, but rather limited https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c70w1j0l488o

The video in the above link reminds me of this fictional scene https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0Njz5VLcCY
I was surprised how shallow the angle of re-entry was, and also the large number of incomers. Whether this was a large number of missiles in a small place and near simultaneously or large numbers of decoys and second stages re-entering with the warheads I am not sure. Presumably the fact they are illuminated is due to atmospheric heating?

An EMP would be a rather blunt instrument that would affect a large area or Earth's surface perhaps 1000 miles in diameter but it is possible that Iran could EMP Israel and vice versa without affecting each other but they would also take out a large number of neighbours.
G'Day cobber!