Israel and Hezbollah edge closer to all-out war

Discussion of the latest Peak Oil news (please also check the Website News area below)

Moderator: Peak Moderation

BritDownUnder

Re: Israel and Hezbollah edge closer to all-out war

Post by BritDownUnder »

mr brightside wrote: 12 Oct 2024, 17:48
UndercoverElephant wrote: 11 Oct 2024, 07:23
mr brightside wrote: 11 Oct 2024, 05:59

If nothing else, because Israel is effectively surrounded.
That isn't just because it is effectively surrounded, but because of the mindset of Zionism.
I think it was Einstein who said "you can't solve a problem using the same level of thinking that created it".

The irony there is that for some reason the Hebrew university of Jerusalem owns all the rights to Albert Einstein!
I think Einstein donated all his works to that university - a bit like there is a Churchill College Cambridge which I think owns all of Winston's works.

The Jews and Muslims don't have a monopoly on warfare but they certainly magnify existing disputes and want to own everything and divide the world into the "House of Peace" and the "House of War" and bring war to places that were previously peaceful. The Protestant/Catholic wars in Europe were pretty bloody too (Thirty Years War I think it was called) with little Muslim involvement but except for Russia I think Europe has moved along.

Israel will end up like a modern Masada and it will end with nukes - and I am OK with that to be honest.
G'Day cobber!
UndercoverElephant

Post by UndercoverElephant »

Israel now openly attacking the UN, having been explicitly told to stop by both the US and the UK. At what point does the US and UK government actually apply any real pressure? This is a sick joke.

"We've asked that nice Mr Netanhitler to stop. We'll ask him again, and if he ignores us then we're going to tell him he's been a naughty boy, and continue supporting him."

This is a land grab. Israel wants to annex a chunk of southern Lebanon and it needs to ethnically cleanse it of the UN first.
"We fail to mandate economic sanity because our brains are addled by....compassion." (Garrett Hardin)
Mark

Post by Mark »

UndercoverElephant wrote: 13 Oct 2024, 16:59 Israel now openly attacking the UN, having been explicitly told to stop by both the US and the UK. At what point does the US and UK government actually apply any real pressure? This is a sick joke.

"We've asked that nice Mr Netanhitler to stop. We'll ask him again, and if he ignores us then we're going to tell him he's been a naughty boy, and continue supporting him."

This is a land grab. Israel wants to annex a chunk of southern Lebanon and it needs to ethnically cleanse it of the UN first.
Agreed - this is a land grab - same thing they're doing in northern Gaza.
Interesting where they consider the new 'border' will be established ?
To include Tyre ? To include Sidon ? To include Beirut ?

This will just create a whole new load of displaced and angry people intent on revenge...
The cycle continues, funded and supported by the US, and to a lesser extent by us...
Ralphw2

Post by Ralphw2 »

Hezbollah have sent a drone swarm attack on to one town in Israel, Ukraine style, overwhelming local air defences and injuring 60. The technology of war is changing, and it won't be the first time that Israel has been wrong footed by it.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Indeed. Looks like Hezbollah (Iran) has worked out a way to overcome Israel's very expensive 'iron dome' defences.
Expect lots more of these type of attacks until Israel (US) work out an upgrade...

Considering threats from Russia and others, we need to think about getting our own missile defence system ?
Ralphw2

Post by Ralphw2 »

Biden has already stated that an upgraded air defense system will be shipped to Israel, along with 100 US military to operate it.

There is growing evidence that Israel is implementing tactics that involve dividing Gaza in two, then exterminating all life in the northern half.
BritDownUnder

Post by BritDownUnder »

I am surprised there are not anti-drone drones springing up.

The drones that are propeller or quadcopter types could be stopped by 'throwing' a net of some type into the propeller to foul it somehow.

Jet-powered drones could have some kind of ball bearings into the intake of the engine. A vulnerable area could be protected by some kind of net lifted into the sky by barrage balloons.

I recall the operation to stop German V1 flying bombs used radar controlled guns, and pursuit aircraft amongst other things. I think it was called Operation Crossbow.

The only thing I don't want to do is to end up paying for it. I am happy for BAe Systems and Rolls Royce to do it for cash but not as a gift to Israel. The Jewish diaspora are plenty rich enough to pay for it themselves.

It's all about making the other guy pay more in resources and manpower for their military efforts than your side has to.
G'Day cobber!
Ralphw2

Post by Ralphw2 »

Ukraine is getting quite good at anti-drone drones, as I mentioned up thread. They use the cheap modified commercial drones to chase down and colide with the Russian mid-sized spotter drones, up to 100 taken down so far, according to some reports. The key is quantity, not quality. Also, people to operate them. It will be a case of designing drones to match the speed and size of the drones being targeted. The problem with Israel, is that they are trying to achieve 100% interception, and that is very expensive. Ukraine would be very happy with 80 - 90 %.

In Ukraine, there are increasing reports of Ukrainian POWs being routinely executed as soon as they surrender, with the executions being cheered on by the mil-bloggers and silence from the Russian military command.

Update

I have just seen a you tube where a Ukrainian drone is intercepted - by an eagle. It is hijacked but released after about 20 seconds, and survives undamaged. Multiple countries in Europe use police or military trained hawks or eagles trained to take down unlawful civilian drones is sensitive areas. Maybe this was a Russian trained eagle.
BritDownUnder

Post by BritDownUnder »

Yes I read about the Ukrainians taking out Russian $40,000 surveillance drones with $600 drones that kamikaze into them. However I have not seen too much progress in drones that take out other drones with the defending drone surviving the process. Perhaps the fallen Russian drones if they land in Ukrainian territory could be repurposed and 'sent back' to cause mayhem to their original owners much as the Viet Cong fashioned things out of unexploded American bombs.

A very fluid drone war in both the Middle East and in Ukraine.
G'Day cobber!