Sustainable Thornbury (north of Bristol)

Arrange a meet-up, start a community or tell us about an event in the area.

Moderator: Peak Moderation

heatherwitham

Sustainable Thornbury (north of Bristol)

Post by heatherwitham »

Just to let everyone know, our group is now an 'official Post Carbon Outpost'. See: http://www.postcarbon.org/groups/thornbury If anyone is trying to set up a Peak Oil group or is already in one, I'd love to share information.

Thanks.
Joe

Post by Joe »

What do you perceive as the benefits to your group of being a Postcarbon Institute outpost, as opposed to simply going it alone with your own ideas & agenda? And are there any drawbacks that you've encountered?

As an aside, it appeals to my sense of irony that the re-localization movement has given rise to this global syndicate :)
MacG

Post by MacG »

Joe wrote:What do you perceive as the benefits to your group of being a Postcarbon Institute outpost, as opposed to simply going it alone with your own ideas & agenda? And are there any drawbacks that you've encountered?
Is this not like beeing an official chapter of Hells Angels?
heatherwitham

benefits

Post by heatherwitham »

Hello! PCI offers great space on their website plus when you join you get access to a Manual that has yet to be published. It is full of ideas for how to do audits in your town, how to organise screenings and facilitate discussions: it's quite hefty. So I'm certainly grateful for that access. Additionally, I 've had a number of people contact me who found me through PCI and that has meant that we are now part of someone's Master's dissertation! :) I think it's powerful to see how many groups there are via the PCI site. So that's another bonus.
heatherwitham

Sustainable Thornbury website

Post by heatherwitham »

Hi all. And now we have our own website with events coming up:
[url]http://www.sustainablethornbury.org[/url]