Massive New Tory Electoral Scandal breaking

What can we do to change the minds of decision makers and people in general to actually do something about preparing for the forthcoming economic/energy crises (the ones after this one!)?

Moderator: Peak Moderation

UndercoverElephant

Massive New Tory Electoral Scandal breaking

Post by UndercoverElephant »

fuzzy

Post by fuzzy »

Thanks UE. Amazing there are still some political scoops in the UK. The comments about lack of coverage in the replies is probably more a reflection of our UK slander and injunction laws.
johnhemming2

Post by johnhemming2 »

My understanding is that any declaration of donations is by the party itself. There used to be a system where someone donating to a number of accounting units within a party potentially had to do a declaration, but the big question (which is easy to answer) is whether the conservatives declared the donation. I assume they did, but anyone who wants to find out the answer can look at the EC website.
woodburner

Post by woodburner »

"Today I am calling for an immediate investigation into this matter,..............,tomorrow I will cease to exist"

Yours ever,

Roger Dodger"

:roll:
To become an extremist, hang around with people you agree with. Cass Sunstein
raspberry-blower

Post by raspberry-blower »

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools - Douglas Adams.
careful_eugene

Post by careful_eugene »

Obviously there was no time to include this in any news yesterday as a 95 year old man announced he wasn't going to be unveiling any plaques any more and all news time was devoted to that.
Paid up member of the Petite bourgeoisie
Lord Beria3

Post by Lord Beria3 »

There are bigger things to worry about.

Brexit is the big issue and electing a government which delivers a good deal for Britain.

It is the national duty to vote Tory.
Peace always has been and always will be an intermittent flash of light in a dark history of warfare, violence, and destruction
emordnilap
Location: Hou�sʇlʎ' ᴉʇ,s ɹ��llʎ uoʇ �oɹʇɥ ʇɥ� �ɟɟoɹʇ' pou,ʇ �ʌ�u qoʇɥ�ɹ˙

Post by emordnilap »

Interesting polls from (online) Mirror readers.

This article is worth reading too.
In converting European law into UK law through the Great Repeal Bill, the government has granted itself the power, as its white paper states, “to correct the statute book where necessary”. “Correcting the statute book” will come to be seen as one of the great political euphemisms of our time.

The corrections will take the form of secondary legislation, which means using something called the statutory instrument. The government estimates that between 800 and 1,000 of these instruments will be required. In practice, there is almost nothing parliament can do to challenge them. As the Brexit analyst Ian Dunt points out, the bill is “shaping up to be the single biggest executive power grab in Britain’s post-war history.”
It is the national duty to vote Labour.
I experience pleasure and pains, and pursue goals in service of them, so I cannot reasonably deny the right of other sentient agents to do the same - Steven Pinker
Potemkin Villager

Post by Potemkin Villager »

Lord Beria3 wrote:There are bigger things to worry about.

Brexit is the big issue and electing a government which delivers a good deal for Britain.

Oh LB3 you are a one for ironic comments! :lol:
The Stone Age represents 99.99% of mankind's existence on this planet. Francis Pryor
Snail

Post by Snail »

Jeremy corbyn is a bit of a wimp. But he's probably the most radical person (not saying much perhaps) who has the real possibility of actually getting into power in the near to mid-term future.

For that fact alone, i reckon it's worth voting for labour.

Also, brexit will happen under labour.

The Conservatives are still too globalist in outlook which imo is the worst possible combination for the country: leaving the EU but not being nationally self-protective enough.
clv101
Site Admin

Post by clv101 »

Lord Beria3 wrote:Brexit is the big issue and electing a government which delivers a good deal for Britain.

I'm not convinced a Tory government would deliver a 'better' (whatever that really means) deal then a Labour one. I haven't been impressed with May's public performance/approach at all. Maybe there's a more sensible approach going on behind the scene between the civil servants but I see no evidence of it yet.
Lord Beria3

Post by Lord Beria3 »

Corbyn can't run his own party with any competence, it would be national suicide to give him the keys to 10 Downing Street.

The Tories under May have shifted, on economic policy, to the centre-left even if it takes a more hardline on immigration and Brexit.

The Tories aren't perfect but they are far more likely to deliver a reasonable Brexit outcome then Labour.

Thankfully the majority of the British public seem to agree.
Peace always has been and always will be an intermittent flash of light in a dark history of warfare, violence, and destruction
Little John

Post by Little John »

Lord Beria3 wrote:Corbyn can't run his own party with any competence, it would be national suicide to give him the keys to 10 Downing Street.
That's just plain rubbish. The entire political class, which include the Blairites, have done literally everything in their power, short of staging a "walking accident" to bring him down
The Tories under May have shifted, on economic policy, to the centre-left even if it takes a more hardline on immigration and Brexit.
That is just too laughably ridiculous to even formulate a reply
The Tories aren't perfect but they are far more likely to deliver a reasonable Brexit outcome then Labour.

Thankfully the majority of the British public seem to agree.
On that I am more ambivalent and must concede the point to some extent. However, my strong suspicion is that May, being a globalist in disguise, will not deliver the Brexit she is saying she will
UndercoverElephant

Lord Beria3 wrote: Thankfully the majority of the British public seem to agree.
The majority of the British public want the tories to lose.
UndercoverElephant

Little John wrote:. However, my strong suspicion is that May, being a globalist in disguise, will not deliver the Brexit she is saying she will
Doesn't matter whether or not she's a globalist, she cannot deliver the Brexit she's aiming for / asking people to believe in. The EU are not going to play ball.