Brexit process

Discussion of the latest Peak Oil news (please also check the Website News area below)

Moderator: Peak Moderation

Little John

Post by Little John »

fuzzy wrote:Pat on brexit, with his usual sanity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_ajM-jcmnU
aye bang on the nail
kenneal

Post by kenneal »

The following vid where a Welsh Labour voter tears into slimeball, Barry Gardner, is also interesting. And the LBC interviewer also picks him up on a few things as well.

Edited for spelling!! Thanks LJ😀
Last edited by kenneal on Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Little John

Post by Little John »

kenneal wrote:The following vid where a Welsh Labour voter years into slimeball, Barry Gardner, is also interesting. And the LBC interviewer also licks him up on a few things as well.
I think your auto-correct may playing up there Ken.... :lol:
Vortex2

Post by Vortex2 »

Little John wrote:

aye bang on the nail
He's now 70 and seems to be posting far less often.
Little John

Post by Little John »

Vortex2 wrote:
Little John wrote:

aye bang on the nail
He's now 70 and seems to be posting far less often.
Yeah, he looks like he has been ill I think.
Vortex2

Post by Vortex2 »

Just discovered that we have a Monster Raving Loony Party candidate.

Yes!!!!

I needn't spoil my vote after all!
fuzzy

Post by fuzzy »

We just have the gang of four and we are total tory so I will stay in. If we had a brexit dude, I would go.
Catweazle

Post by Catweazle »

Catweazle wrote:Up until recently I thought events were running to a script, firstly set up the fall-guy (May) to fail dismally and whip up the public demand for a PM that could "do something", then stage a leadership election with a load of no-hopers to make the victor look like a real winner, make some half-hearted attempts at a hard Brexit which is blocked by Labour, then call a general election appealing for the voters to get behind Boris to give him the majority / mandate to get Brexit "done" and "move onwards".

I didn't realise that the general election could be postponed until after the Brexit deadline.
The final act has played out, and the curtain has fallen.
UndercoverElephant

Post by UndercoverElephant »

Catweazle wrote:
Catweazle wrote:Up until recently I thought events were running to a script, firstly set up the fall-guy (May) to fail dismally and whip up the public demand for a PM that could "do something", then stage a leadership election with a load of no-hopers to make the victor look like a real winner, make some half-hearted attempts at a hard Brexit which is blocked by Labour, then call a general election appealing for the voters to get behind Boris to give him the majority / mandate to get Brexit "done" and "move onwards".

I didn't realise that the general election could be postponed until after the Brexit deadline.
The final act has played out, and the curtain has fallen.
Yes, we now know how this is going to end. And one really does have to wonder what would have happened had Johnson taken over in 2016 instead of May. She truly f***ed up everything up. And she was warned about the mistakes she was making as she made them.
Little John

Post by Little John »

No you don't know how it is going to end and neither do I. Even Johnson does not know I suspect.

One possibility, however, is that as part of the ruling class' ongoing psychological war of attrition against the will of the nation, Johnson is going to spend the next 12 months, free of worrying about needing the support of the ERG or DUP during the "transition period" of watering Brexit to the point of BRINO during the trade negotiations. The only difference being that Johnson had enough venal instinct to know that the only way to win this election was to at least appear to provide a simulacrum of Brexit (or his advisor Cummings did).

I hope I am wrong about that. We will see.
Last edited by Little John on Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Catweazle

Post by Catweazle »

In my head is a picture of Boris, wearing a Santa hat, addressing a huge flock of turkeys:

"Thankyou for the mandate, now let's GET CHRISTMAS DONE"
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

Post by kenneal - lagger »

Catweazle wrote:In my head is a picture of Boris, wearing a Santa hat, addressing a huge flock of turkeys:

"Thankyou for the mandate, now let's GET CHRISTMAS DONE"
Must be a terrible life being a Remoaner!! All doom and gloom with nothing to look forward to.
Action is the antidote to despair - Joan Baez
vtsnowedin

Post by vtsnowedin »

I see your UK government now able to negotiate trade terms from a position of strength.
You want to sell French wine here
Sure how much a bottle?
Nah too much, we will by California or Chile or Australian wine.

The UK has these cars we can offer you for X price made to UK standards.
Take them or leave them.
No you can't tell us what standard to make things to.
Hey USA!! Want to buy some drugs cheap?
Lots of good possibilities to be explored.
vtsnowedin

Post by vtsnowedin »

I see that Trump advisor Kudlow is expected to come to the UK next month to begin trade talks.
I would suggest they just tack on the UK name to the Canada Mexico US trade deal as an interim measure while the negotiators work out anything that needs to be more UK to USA specific.
UndercoverElephant

Post by UndercoverElephant »

vtsnowedin wrote:I see that Trump advisor Kudlow is expected to come to the UK next month to begin trade talks.
I would suggest they just tack on the UK name to the Canada Mexico US trade deal as an interim measure while the negotiators work out anything that needs to be more UK to USA specific.
That might work provided there is no impact on the NHS. Anyone on the other side of the pond currently salivating over the UK "health market" has got a big disappointment coming. Johnson isn't stupid. He knows the NHS is going to be a massive issue when he has to face the electorate again, and nobody who uses the NHS wants to import anything to do with the US system.