General Election June 8

What can we do to change the minds of decision makers and people in general to actually do something about preparing for the forthcoming economic/energy crises (the ones after this one!)?

Moderator: Peak Moderation

Lord Beria3

Post by Lord Beria3 »

Hardly the struggling lower middle classes.

Glasto attracts the financially comfortable upper middle classes, doctors, lawyers and so.

They like Corbyn because he makes the right noises against Trump and rightly or wrongly, they don't fear his economic policies.

Corbyn has because a national treasure of the Kensington posh kids, the trustrafarians and City boys who hate Hard Brexit.
Peace always has been and always will be an intermittent flash of light in a dark history of warfare, violence, and destruction
AutomaticEarth

Post by AutomaticEarth »

Once the drink and drugs wear off, the Glasto crowd will wake up and probably vote Tory :lol:
clv101
Site Admin

Post by clv101 »

Lord Beria3 wrote:Hardly the struggling lower middle classes.

Glasto attracts the financially comfortable upper middle classes, doctors, lawyers and so.

They like Corbyn because he makes the right noises against Trump and rightly or wrongly, they don't fear his economic policies.

Corbyn has because a national treasure of the Kensington posh kids, the trustrafarians and City boys who hate Hard Brexit.
Your characterisation of Glastonbury is poor. Yes, many of punters are those comfortable upper middle classes folk who actually bought the tickets - but there's also a vast number of people 'working' there, many of these people are not comfortable upper middle classes. It's a diverse crowd.
AutomaticEarth

Post by AutomaticEarth »

clv101 wrote:

Your characterisation of Glastonbury is poor. Yes, many of punters are those comfortable upper middle classes folk who actually bought the tickets - but there's also a vast number of people 'working' there, many of these people are not comfortable upper middle classes. It's a diverse crowd.
Sorry CLV, but as someone who has been to Glastonbury 6 times, I'd say that LB3 is pretty much on the money here. In its' heyday, Glasto was the epicenter of leftie hippiness, but alas no longer. Now, it is mainly the preserve of the upper middle class and rich foreigners. I'm glad I went when I did...
UndercoverElephant

Post by UndercoverElephant »

AutomaticEarth wrote:
clv101 wrote:

Sorry CLV, but as someone who has been to Glastonbury 6 times, I'd say that LB3 is pretty much on the money here. In its' heyday, Glasto was the epicenter of leftie hippiness, but alas no longer. Now, it is mainly the preserve of the upper middle class and rich foreigners. I'm glad I went when I did...
I did 17 before I gave up on it for exactly the reason.