Chris Martenson's take on the last ten years and the next

What can we do to change the minds of decision makers and people in general to actually do something about preparing for the forthcoming economic/energy crises (the ones after this one!)?

Moderator: Peak Moderation

kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

Post by kenneal - lagger »

Basically, make sure your soil is in good nick because you will need it.

(from Powerswitch Daily)
Action is the antidote to despair - Joan Baez
ReserveGrowthRulz
Banned

Re: Chris Martenson's take on the last ten years and the nex

Post by ReserveGrowthRulz »

kenneal - lagger wrote:Chris Martenson's take on the last ten years and the next

(from Powerswitch Daily)
Doesn't he portray himself as kind of a finance guy, and now he claims he didn't know enough about how finance works to understand how US E&Ps work?
Last edited by ReserveGrowthRulz on Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
stumuz1

Post by stumuz1 »

ReserveGrowthRulz wrote:
kenneal - lagger wrote:Chris Martenson's take on the last ten years and the next

(from Powerswitch Daily)
Nice to see him admit he didn't know diddly about oil and gas stuff. Doesn't he portray himself as kind of a finance guy, and now he claims he didn't know enough about how finance works to understand how US E&Ps work? Otherwise known as....the same way they've been doing business since before he was born?

Oh well, like I say, you don't ask someone selling website subscriptions on investing advice about oil and gas stuff.
By following PowerSwitch/peakprosperity postulates I have divested from the pensions industry, all forms of stocks and shares, and all fiat forms of financial instruments.

Since pre great financial crash which PowerSwitch/peakprosperity accurately predicted, the only investments i have made are in agricultural land, and gold , which have done VERY well thank you very much.

Gold up >400%
Land up > 350%
stumuz1

Post by stumuz1 »

(from Powerswitch Daily)
I follow the advice from this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVY4SJt4mzg&vl=en-GB

For a couple of reasons.

1/ Time. I find his method of using just one top mulch of compost works very well. With less time wasted on weeding and digging.

2/ Better crops. Less pest damage to.
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

Post by kenneal - lagger »

The only time I turn my soil over is when I dig up my spuds. Saves an awful lot of wear and tear on my ageing back and helps the soil too.
Action is the antidote to despair - Joan Baez
stumuz1

Post by stumuz1 »

kenneal - lagger wrote:The only time I turn my soil over is when I dig up my spuds. Saves an awful lot of wear and tear on my ageing back and helps the soil too.
There speaks a kindred spirit!