boycott Israel, buycott Palestine

What can we do to change the minds of decision makers and people in general to actually do something about preparing for the forthcoming economic/energy crises (the ones after this one!)?

Moderator: Peak Moderation

another_exlurker

Post by another_exlurker »

emordnilap

Post by emordnilap »

And another plug for them :lol:
kenneal - lagger wrote:Zaytoun dates are to die for!! And buying them is also one in the eye for the Zionists.
110% - they are unlike any other dates I've tasted, absolutely dreamy; they haven't been available over here for a couple of years though. Their couscous is superb, the best ever. I even sent some over to friends in America. :wink:
I experience pleasure and pains, and pursue goals in service of them, so I cannot reasonably deny the right of other sentient agents to do the same - Steven Pinker
emordnilap

Post by emordnilap »

European Parliament votes to recognize Palestine statehood 'in principle'
The European Parliament vote comes as the Palestinians are soon to make their case at the UN Security Council in New York, where they will ask for a complete Israeli withdrawal from East Jerusalem and the West Bank to the 1967 borders in two years' time.
...which may provoke the final solution.
I experience pleasure and pains, and pursue goals in service of them, so I cannot reasonably deny the right of other sentient agents to do the same - Steven Pinker
another_exlurker

emordnilap wrote:European Parliament votes to recognize Palestine statehood 'in principle'
The European Parliament vote comes as the Palestinians are soon to make their case at the UN Security Council in New York, where they will ask for a complete Israeli withdrawal from East Jerusalem and the West Bank to the 1967 borders in two years' time.
...which may provoke the final solution.
I fully expect that the USA will veto it, as per usual. :evil: :evil:
biffvernon

Post by biffvernon »

another_exlurker wrote:
I fully expect that the USA will veto it, as per usual. :evil: :evil:
Obama's on a roll - he's about to set up an embassy in Gaza City and break off relations with Israel.
biffvernon

Post by biffvernon »

Jean Lambert wrote:A vote happened a couple of minutes ago in the EU parliament to recognise the state of Palestine. Here is the vote breakdown: 498 in favour, 88 against, 111 abstain. The Green group believes a two-state solution is key for a peaceful solution. The 3 UK Green MEPs submitted a letter for publication to The Guardian, but they didn't want to print it. We thought we would share the text:
http://www.jeanlambertmep.org.uk/2014/1 ... palestine/
emordnilap

Post by emordnilap »

I wonder why they "didn't want" to print it.
biffvernon

Post by biffvernon »

It's at one with the dumping of Nafeez Ahmed after his Palestinian gas article.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kbe43yjTLnY&sns=fb
emordnilap

Post by emordnilap »

As if you needed another reason to never buy newspapers.
another_exlurker

emordnilap wrote:As if you needed another reason to never buy newspapers.
Oh, I dunno, they're cheaper than a box of firelighters to get the woodburner going. :wink:
emordnilap

Post by emordnilap »

another_exlurker wrote:
emordnilap wrote:As if you needed another reason to never buy newspapers.
Oh, I dunno, they're cheaper than a box of firelighters to get the woodburner going. :wink:
Even if you don't read it, they're taking your money. :cry:
emordnilap

Post by emordnilap »

Arboricide
According to the Fourth Geneva Convention, the Hague Regulations, the International Court of Justice, and several United Nations resolutions, all Israeli settlements and outposts in the Occupied Palestinian Territories are illegal, despite Israel's refusal to accept their application.

Most settlement outposts, including Havat Ma'on (Hill 833), are also considered illegal also under Israeli law, but even these are mostly tolerated by the authorities and protected from attempts by Palestinians to reclaim their land.

The destruction of the olive trees is also a specific violation of Article 54 of the 1977 Protocol to the 1949 Geneva Conventions, which prohibits the "starvation of civilians as a method of warfare".
emordnilap

Post by emordnilap »

Trump's agenda - is he determined to eliminate Palestine?
Little John

Post by Little John »

It's looking that way
emordnilap

Post by emordnilap »

Little John wrote:It's looking that way
Yes. It seems that every week there's yet another huge kick in the Palestinians' teeth by Trump's regime or his buddies in Israel.