boycott Israel, buycott Palestine

What can we do to change the minds of decision makers and people in general to actually do something about preparing for the forthcoming economic/energy crises (the ones after this one!)?

Moderator: Peak Moderation

emordnilap

Post by emordnilap »

Genocide: getting there.
Israel fears that the passing of refugee status from parents to children could threaten the country's so-called "Jewish character", as Palestinians claim the right of return to their ancestral homeland.
I experience pleasure and pains, and pursue goals in service of them, so I cannot reasonably deny the right of other sentient agents to do the same - Steven Pinker
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

Post by kenneal - lagger »

Israeli ethnic cleansing in action! And the world lets them get on with it because of the economic power of their co-religionists throughout the world. I'm not anti-Jewish, my great grandfather was Jewish, but I am embarrassed and angered by the actions of the Zionist State while hiding behind the horrors of the Holocaust and using it as a justification for stealing land to provide themselves with a homeland.
Action is the antidote to despair - Joan Baez
emordnilap

Post by emordnilap »

"there is no way to behave ethically in the occupied territories"
“Every day the job is to inflict collective punishment. We were told explicitly that we were waging psychological war, that we were there to intimidate them.

“In the middle of the night we raided families’ homes, chosen randomly, waking up frightened children. We violently broke up Palestinian protests. I arrested Palestinians every day to ‘dry them out’ – to teach them a lesson, to make them understand who is boss.�

Yet in Israel, the military is regarded as an almost sacred institution. Breaking the Silence casts a long, dark shadow over claims that Israel’s is the most moral army in the world.
Wha? No doubt this is what German soldiers were told.
I experience pleasure and pains, and pursue goals in service of them, so I cannot reasonably deny the right of other sentient agents to do the same - Steven Pinker
fuzzy

Post by fuzzy »

I have a cousin that grew up in Israel and I don't see that. They have national service for 'sensible' reasons historically but like all long term institutions it just ends up wrong. Obviously the military adventures are disgusting and also their land grabs from neighbours. The military service is not revered by families, it's something to draft dodge. Middle class kids often go overseas and the religious nuts get a free pass, so there is no shortage joining their ranks.
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

More evidence of Israeli ethnic cleansing.
emordnilap

Post by emordnilap »

Haley won't be missed by Palestinians
the unresolved occupation of Palestine would have not been a recurring issue at the UN if it were not for the blind and unconditional US support of Israel
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

emordnilap wrote:Haley won't be missed by Palestinians
the unresolved occupation of Palestine would have not been a recurring issue at the UN if it were not for the blind and unconditional US support of Israel
That's driven by a very affluent religious lobby which has a financial interest in the both political parties. It's a classic example of The Prostitute State in action; only in the US it's on steroids!
emordnilap

Post by emordnilap »

The US regime at its most bullying, unconstitutional, hypocritical and childish:

https://www.rt.com/usa/448190-us-senate ... ycott-law/
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

emordnilap wrote:The US regime at its most bullying, unconstitutional, hypocritical and childish: ....
Why waste all those words when you could just substitute "Trumpian" instead.
emordnilap

Post by emordnilap »

kenneal - lagger wrote:
emordnilap wrote:The US regime at its most bullying, unconstitutional, hypocritical and childish: ....
Why waste all those words when you could just substitute "Trumpian" instead.
I nearly did.

But of course those qualities are not exclusively his.
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

He just does all four together better than all others pout together!!

(pout was a typo but I thought it suited rather well)