Articles such as this can be used by Climate Change deniers

For threads primarily discussing Climate Change (particularly in relation to Peak Oil)

Moderator: Peak Moderation

kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

Post by kenneal - lagger »

woodburner wrote:
kenneal - lagger wrote:
woodburner wrote:................
Your post is full of 97% to 100% assumption. You have no idea why I didn’t answer the question, much less how I avoided it. You should ask them, not me.
You are quite happy to swallow the garbage spouted by non scientists in the pay of fossil fuel companies but you won't listen to what scientists paid by fossil fuel companies say. It would seem that anything a scientist says is wrong in your mind. What a strange way of thinking you have!

Ad hominem attack again.
And you have avoided the question yet again so I'll repeat it for you.

How do you explain, Woodburner, that even the fossil fuel industry's own scientists found that global warming is a fact. Or are they in on the conspiracy as well?
Action is the antidote to despair - Joan Baez
woodburner

Post by woodburner »

I said you should ask them. Why ask me? Am I their keeper?
To become an extremist, hang around with people you agree with. Cass Sunstein
woodburner

Post by woodburner »

If you have questions about the operation of a TEQ system, you should ask in the TEQ forum. We're going off-topic here.
Going off topic here? Doesn’t often happen on PS 😉

I wouldn’t campaign for a C&S system. People need to do what they think is right, not let someone else do it so they can just pay to avoid whatever effort is involved.
emordnilap

Post by emordnilap »

[i]woodburner[/i] wrote:I wouldn’t campaign for a C&S system. People need to do what they think is right, not let someone else do it so they can just pay to avoid whatever effort is involved.
wb, you are so predictable. That’s not an insult. :wink:
I experience pleasure and pains, and pursue goals in service of them, so I cannot reasonably deny the right of other sentient agents to do the same - Steven Pinker
woodburner

Post by woodburner »

Touche´.
Shaun Chamberlin

Post by Shaun Chamberlin »

emordnilap wrote:
woodburner wrote:
emordnilap wrote:22. Campaign for the introduction of TEQs/C&S
I think that would be an opening for usuerers to make money at everyone elses expense.
22.5 Legislate that TEQs can only be sold at normal open market prices? Whatever, it’s not a reason to not implement them.
No need - that's already how TEQs works 8)
https://www.flemingpolicycentre.org.uk/faqs/#Traders
Last edited by Shaun Chamberlin on Thu May 02, 2019 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
emordnilap

Post by emordnilap »

Shaun Chamberlin wrote:
emordnilap wrote:
woodburner wrote: I think that would be an opening for usuerers to make money at everyone elses expense.
22.5 Legislate that TEQs can only be sold at normal open market prices? Whatever, it’s not a reason to not implement them.
Ha! You don't miss a trick Shaun.
I experience pleasure and pains, and pursue goals in service of them, so I cannot reasonably deny the right of other sentient agents to do the same - Steven Pinker
frank_begbie

Post by frank_begbie »

kenneal - lagger wrote:To add to the above, something that we can't change on our own, but which is at the centre of the problem -

19 Replace the banking system with one which doesn't require or pay interest.
Wouldn't abandoning the money system accomplish everything we need to make a massive difference?

Remove the motivation?
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

Post by kenneal - lagger »

Shaun Chamberlin wrote:
emordnilap wrote:
woodburner wrote: I think that would be an opening for usuerers to make money at everyone elses expense.
https://www.flemingpolicycentre.org.uk/faqs/#Traders
There would have to be stringent safeguards put in place to stop brokers robbing blind individual traders of small numbers of TEQs to stop the rich getting richer and the poor, poorer as we now have.
Action is the antidote to despair - Joan Baez