Manchester meet-up

Arrange a meet-up, start a community or tell us about an event in the area.

Moderator: Peak Moderation

Eternal Sunshine
Posts: 776
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Preston, Lancashire
Contact:

Post by Eternal Sunshine »

8)
Set The Fire To The Third Bar

http://www.srtt.co.uk/
User avatar
Andy Hunt
Posts: 6760
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:09 am
Location: Bury, Lancashire, UK

Post by Andy Hunt »

Apparently there is a Mind-Body-Spirit fair at GMEX on Saturday, so if we run out of spirits in the pub we can top-up at that.
Andy Hunt
http://greencottage.burysolarclub.net
Eternal Sunshine wrote: I wouldn't want to worry you with the truth. :roll:
User avatar
Kentucky Fried Panda
Posts: 1744
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: NW Engerland

Post by Kentucky Fried Panda »

Eternal Sunshine wrote:How will we recognise each other???
I'll be the shaven headed oik in battered leather and military surplus. We best avoid posh places...
User avatar
Andy Hunt
Posts: 6760
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:09 am
Location: Bury, Lancashire, UK

Post by Andy Hunt »

Haggis wrote:
Eternal Sunshine wrote:How will we recognise each other???
I'll be the shaven headed oik in battered leather and military surplus. We best avoid posh places...
Wetherspoons it is then. :D

:lol:
Andy Hunt
http://greencottage.burysolarclub.net
Eternal Sunshine wrote: I wouldn't want to worry you with the truth. :roll:
bigjim
Posts: 694
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:09 am
Location: Cleethorpes

Post by bigjim »

Wetherspoons? Yeuch.

I can suggest Lass O'Gowrie- it's a grand pub, on Charles St off Oxford Road (the street runs between an HSBC branch and the BBC)

Either that or there's the sort of aptly named Peveril of the Peak on Great Bridgewater Street. Never been to it before but it looks grand in the photo.

I'm not sure if I'm coming yet. A lot of things happen on Saturday for me and I now have to choose between archery, Worcester City vs Southport or this fun-sounding drink-up. What time is the fun commencing? If it's an evening thing I'll be able to come.
User avatar
Andy Hunt
Posts: 6760
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:09 am
Location: Bury, Lancashire, UK

Post by Andy Hunt »

bigjim wrote:Wetherspoons? Yeuch.

I can suggest Lass O'Gowrie- it's a grand pub, on Charles St off Oxford Road (the street runs between an HSBC branch and the BBC)

Either that or there's the sort of aptly named Peveril of the Peak on Great Bridgewater Street. Never been to it before but it looks grand in the photo.

I'm not sure if I'm coming yet. A lot of things happen on Saturday for me and I now have to choose between archery, Worcester City vs Southport or this fun-sounding drink-up. What time is the fun commencing? If it's an evening thing I'll be able to come.
I know the Lass O'Gowrie, a great pub indeed. The Peveril looks mighty appropriate though, with its green tiles and apt name. Both better than Wetherspoons no doubt.

An early afternoon session would be better for me (noon onwards) TBH but will go with the flow. It would be good to make the gathering as big as possible!
Andy Hunt
http://greencottage.burysolarclub.net
Eternal Sunshine wrote: I wouldn't want to worry you with the truth. :roll:
Joe
Posts: 596
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:09 am
Location: Leeds

Post by Joe »

I'm afraid I'm ushering at the wedding of a close friend on Friday so the likelihood of me getting up and feeling in the mood for jumping on a train to Manchester and settling in for an all day session seems a little remote...

Have fun though!
wedg1e
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:41 pm
Location: Salford, Manchester

do

Post by wedg1e »

Wow, this has really come alive since I last looked on Sunday.
Well, I know all the places mentioned, not sure if Peveril is suitable, it is quite compact inside and may not even be open Saturday afternoon. Rain! bar is directly opposite though, if you did head that way, if you like JW Lees that is. I happen to like real ale and not dressing too smartly as well, so everywhere mentioned has its plus points, apart from the Living Room, that sounds a bit girly. And I bet it uses lots of energy deficient lighting which will make me sweat :oops: . Other than that, if we are meeting lunchtime then I will have me Mum in tow, and missus, unless they wander off to M&S, but will have to leave about 2:30 to get to theater, otherwise after 5 it'll just be me and missus and anything goes!
User avatar
Andy Hunt
Posts: 6760
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:09 am
Location: Bury, Lancashire, UK

Post by Andy Hunt »

Right, it's tomorrow! How about this:

Meet at 12 noon at the Lass O'Gowrie off Oxford Road . . . drink until the barrel is dry. :D

Anyone who wants my mobile number 'just in case', just drop me a PM.
Andy Hunt
http://greencottage.burysolarclub.net
Eternal Sunshine wrote: I wouldn't want to worry you with the truth. :roll:
Eternal Sunshine
Posts: 776
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Preston, Lancashire
Contact:

Post by Eternal Sunshine »

Yes 12 it is, fits in better with my plans now anyway. :) (But won't be able to drink at that time - you're such a lush Andy!)

Who else is coming then?
Set The Fire To The Third Bar

http://www.srtt.co.uk/
Eternal Sunshine
Posts: 776
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:52 pm
Location: Preston, Lancashire
Contact:

Post by Eternal Sunshine »

I've just googled it, I take it this os the right one?

36 Charles Street
Manchester
M1 7DB

Looks like they do good food too. :)
Set The Fire To The Third Bar

http://www.srtt.co.uk/
User avatar
Andy Hunt
Posts: 6760
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:09 am
Location: Bury, Lancashire, UK

Post by Andy Hunt »

Eternal Sunshine wrote:I've just googled it, I take it this os the right one?

36 Charles Street
Manchester
M1 7DB

Looks like they do good food too. :)
Aye, that's the one. They do do a good liquid lunch!

See you then guys . . . ! Haggis?!
Andy Hunt
http://greencottage.burysolarclub.net
Eternal Sunshine wrote: I wouldn't want to worry you with the truth. :roll:
bigjim
Posts: 694
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:09 am
Location: Cleethorpes

Post by bigjim »

I probably won't be coming because I'm feeling a bit ill right now. If I perk up tomorrow and do come you can recognise me in my pink Ralph Lauren shirt (I can't see too many men wearing pink!) and I'll be carrying a copy of the Guardian.

Have a good time anyway
User avatar
Andy Hunt
Posts: 6760
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:09 am
Location: Bury, Lancashire, UK

Post by Andy Hunt »

bigjim wrote:I probably won't be coming because I'm feeling a bit ill right now. If I perk up tomorrow and do come you can recognise me in my pink Ralph Lauren shirt (I can't see too many men wearing pink!) and I'll be carrying a copy of the Guardian.

Have a good time anyway
Shame. Hope you feel better, will watch out for you anyway!
Andy Hunt
http://greencottage.burysolarclub.net
Eternal Sunshine wrote: I wouldn't want to worry you with the truth. :roll:
User avatar
lancasterlad
Posts: 359
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:29 am
Location: North Lancashire

Post by lancasterlad »

Have a great time! Will be thinking of you - sorry I can't make it.
Lancaster Lad

Who turned the lights off?
Post Reply