Iran Watch...

Discussion of the latest Peak Oil news (please also check the Website News area below)

Moderator: Peak Moderation

vtsnowedin
Posts: 6596
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:14 pm
Location: New England ,Chelsea Vermont

Post by vtsnowedin »

LJ"
I am hearing rumors of Pompeo being sacked in the near future. If so, then it is a possibility dumbo Trump was bamboozled into this and is only too happy for a way out.
I'm not seeing anything like that on this end. The right sees whacking this A- hole as the equivalent to shooting down Yamamoto during WW2. It will have to go south in a big way before Trump and company will do any retreating. Even if Iran pulls off a successful counterattack Trump will just respond with air strikes on Iran's oil industry and nuclear program which will get him a lot more votes in November.
Little John
Posts: 8699
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:07 am
Location: UK

Post by Little John »

vtsnowedin wrote:LJ"
I am hearing rumors of Pompeo being sacked in the near future. If so, then it is a possibility dumbo Trump was bamboozled into this and is only too happy for a way out.
I'm not seeing anything like that on this end. The right sees whacking this A- hole as the equivalent to shooting down Yamamoto during WW2. It will have to go south in a big way before Trump and company will do any retreating. Even if Iran pulls off a successful counterattack Trump will just respond with air strikes on Iran's oil industry and nuclear program which will get him a lot more votes in November.
If Trump attacks Iran in the way you have described, the straits of Hormuz will be in flames and impassable and the world economy will shudder to an immediate halt. Iran is not Iraq.
vtsnowedin
Posts: 6596
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:14 pm
Location: New England ,Chelsea Vermont

Post by vtsnowedin »

You and I have very different views of the USA's military capability. Let's hope we don't have to find out which is correct.
Little John
Posts: 8699
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:07 am
Location: UK

Post by Little John »

vtsnowedin wrote:You and I have very different views of the USA's military capability. Let's hope we don't have to find out which is correct.
agreed
fuzzy
Posts: 1388
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:08 pm
Location: The Marches, UK

Post by fuzzy »

I am guessing the airline was a demo of the ability to interrupt military control.
Presumably the plane ID was spoofed into something military, or the missile guidance was messed with. I am sure all the forces see it as live fire training.
fuzzy
Posts: 1388
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:08 pm
Location: The Marches, UK

Post by fuzzy »

More missiles at green zone - explained as 'Iran'.
User avatar
ReserveGrowthRulz
Banned
Posts: 736
Joined: Sun May 19, 2019 8:00 am
Location: Colorado

Post by ReserveGrowthRulz »

Little John wrote:]If Trump attacks Iran in the way you have described, the straits of Hormuz will be in flames and impassable and the world economy will shudder to an immediate halt. Iran is not Iraq.
Yes...and we've been hearing this scenario claimed for decades now. Interestingly, it never happens.
Last edited by ReserveGrowthRulz on Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
adam2
Site Admin
Posts: 8216
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:49 pm
Location: North Somerset

Post by adam2 »

Latest reports state that the Ukrainian airliner "may have been shot down by Iranian anti aircraft missiles"

IMHO, the refusal by the Iranian authorities to allow any independent examination of the flight data recorders suggests that they have something to hide.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-51055219
"Installers and owners of emergency diesels must assume that they will have to run for a week or more"
Little John
Posts: 8699
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:07 am
Location: UK

Post by Little John »

adam2 wrote:Latest reports state that the Ukrainian airliner "may have been shot down by Iranian anti aircraft missiles"

IMHO, the refusal by the Iranian authorities to allow any independent examination of the flight data recorders suggests that they have something to hide.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-51055219
Oh yeah... and who are the "sources" for these "reports"?
vtsnowedin
Posts: 6596
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:14 pm
Location: New England ,Chelsea Vermont

Post by vtsnowedin »

Little John wrote:
adam2 wrote:Latest reports state that the Ukrainian airliner "may have been shot down by Iranian anti aircraft missiles"

IMHO, the refusal by the Iranian authorities to allow any independent examination of the flight data recorders suggests that they have something to hide.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-51055219
Oh yeah... and who are the "sources" for these "reports"?
You have a better explanation of why it crashed LJ.? I doubt it.
Little John
Posts: 8699
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:07 am
Location: UK

Post by Little John »

vtsnowedin wrote:
Little John wrote:
adam2 wrote:Latest reports state that the Ukrainian airliner "may have been shot down by Iranian anti aircraft missiles"

IMHO, the refusal by the Iranian authorities to allow any independent examination of the flight data recorders suggests that they have something to hide.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-51055219
Oh yeah... and who are the "sources" for these "reports"?
You have a better explanation of why it crashed LJ.? I doubt it.
That is avoiding answering the question.

I repeat; Do you know who the sources are?

I am bound to note, in the context of the USA having lied about Iraq, about Iran about Syria and, in an identical context to this, having lied about Malaysian flight MH17, it really does take a special kind of stupid to believe the USA is telling the truth this time.
User avatar
UndercoverElephant
Posts: 11250
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:00 am
Location: south east England

Post by UndercoverElephant »

Canada now claiming Iran shot the plane down:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51056311
stumuz1
Posts: 902
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:12 pm
Location: Anglesey

Post by stumuz1 »

Plausible video of an air defence missile hitting a target

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/0 ... port-says/

This sort of 'mistake' has happened before;

Ukraine, MH 17

USA, 633

USA, British Tornado Gulf war.
Little John
Posts: 8699
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:07 am
Location: UK

Post by Little John »

You lot are hilarious.

To repeat, in the context of the USA having lied about Iraq, about Iran about Syria and, in an identical context to this, having lied about Malaysian flight MH17, it really does take a special kind of stupid to believe the USA is telling the truth this time. And it makes no difference if the various bitches of the US echo its bullshit. In the absence of evidence, anything put out by the US should be treated with extreme skepticism at all times.

I simply cannot believe I am having to spell this shit out.
Last edited by Little John on Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stumuz1
Posts: 902
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:12 pm
Location: Anglesey

Post by stumuz1 »

Are you saying the plane did not crash?
Post Reply