New coronavirus in/from China

Forum for general discussion of Peak Oil / Oil depletion; also covering related subjects

Moderator: Peak Moderation

Little John

Re: New coronavirus in/from China

Post by Little John »

post deleted by author in order to protect the privacy and, potentially, the employment of some people
Last edited by Little John on Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
careful_eugene

Post by careful_eugene »

Little John wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:35 pm I have kept from mentioning my employment for the last several months due an ongoing issue. etc.
This is a tragic story and I'm sure everyone reading this feels sympathy for the man you described and anger at the CVT for the changes they are bringing in.
Stumuz2 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:48 pm Just a little anecdote.

A man from my village contracted Covid last Tuesday.
41, two young children, self employed tradesman.
Died this morning.

The numbers seem a bit more real when someone you know dies.
This is also a tragic story and the family and friends of this man has my sympathy.
Paid up member of the Petite bourgeoisie
PS_RalphW

Post by PS_RalphW »

BBC is reporting that early results from Scotland show both vaccines are reducing hospitalisations by between 85 and 94% 4 weeks after {presumably} 1 injection.

If confirmed then the NHS should be safe from overload in a month or so, as we win the race between the vaccine and virus variants.

Hopefully the vaccines will be partially effective against the new variants, sufficient to control numbers until modified vaccines are available.

I think this shows the gamble to delay the second injections has really paid off
Little John

Post by Little John »

PS_RalphW wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:55 am BBC is reporting that early results from Scotland show both vaccines are reducing hospitalisations by between 85 and 94% 4 weeks after {presumably} 1 injection.

If confirmed then the NHS should be safe from overload in a month or so, as we win the race between the vaccine and virus variants.

Hopefully the vaccines will be partially effective against the new variants, sufficient to control numbers until modified vaccines are available.

I think this shows the gamble to delay the second injections has really paid off
Bullshit.

Let's have the link then.

Hospitalizations were already lower than the spring of 2020, as were deaths. All of which were only marginally above any other years in terms of mortality by all causes in any event.
PS_RalphW

Post by PS_RalphW »

PS_RalphW

Post by PS_RalphW »

However, this report I take with a large pinch of salt.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 21249710v1

Correlation may not be causation. North India is not exactly the same situation as UK
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

Post by kenneal - lagger »

PS_RalphW wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:45 pm However, this report I take with a large pinch of salt.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 21249710v1

Correlation may not be causation. North India is not exactly the same situation as UK
I'll continue to wear my specs just in case.
Action is the antidote to despair - Joan Baez
Little John

Post by Little John »

https://www.theportugalnews.com/news/20 ... pUSq2mvksI
The PCR test “is unable to determine, beyond reasonable doubt, that a positive result corresponds, in fact, to the infection of a person by the SARS-CoV-2 virus”, said the Lisbon Court of Appeal.
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

Public Health England is reporting that they haven't detected a single case of flu this year and puts it down to covid restrictions and an increased uptake of the flu vaccine. What effect could this have on excess deaths?
Little John

Post by Little John »

kenneal - lagger wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:28 pm Public Health England is reporting that they haven't detected a single case of flu this year and puts it down to covid restrictions and an increased uptake of the flu vaccine. What effect could this have on excess deaths?
yeah...right

"Covid restrictions" have restricted the flu but not managed to restrict Covid.

People like you, on the back of a year of relentless fearmongering propaganda, have lost any capacity for even the most rudimentary rational thinking. It would be laughable if you weren't f***ing life up for those of us who are not morons.
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

I really shouldn't "poke the troll."

I was only reporting what I had read on something published by supposedly more intelligent and knowledgeable people than LJ and I and I am a moron. I glad that we're not ruled by angry people like LJ as we would be subject to all sorts of deprivations for being morons! If he was a Moslem he would be on a watch list by now.
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

Thinking about it those more intelligent scientists are probably being paid by the face mask and hand sanitizer companies to keep up their elevated sales over the next few years. Now there's another conspiracy theory to theorise on.
Catweazle

Post by Catweazle »

Little John wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:39 pm "Covid restrictions" have restricted the flu but not managed to restrict Covid.
Of course they have restricted covid.
PS_RalphW

Post by PS_RalphW »

I wasn't going to post this , but...

https://www.theguardian.com/science/202 ... h-suggests
kenneal - lagger
Site Admin

Seems to work here!!