Search found 454 matches

by boisdevie
Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:54 pm
Forum: News
Topic: US watch
Replies: 178
Views: 5387

Biden may have won the presidency but the Democrats don't have control over Congress.
by boisdevie
Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:08 am
Forum: News
Topic: US watch
Replies: 178
Views: 5387

Mark wrote: Nobody has played dirtier than Trump.
No leader of the US/UK has lied more than Trump has.
No US/UK leader has over-ridden the legal checks and balances more than Trump has.
Nice assertions pal. But I'm old fashioned and like evidence.
by boisdevie
Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:07 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: New coronavirus in/from China
Replies: 7891
Views: 246238

Doing my weekly statistic check on Covid I see an eleven percent increase in daily deaths worldwide in a week to 6392/day. Looking at individual countries there are increases in almost all European countries with those in Eastern Europe being hit especially hard. I suppose Trump is at fault for thi...
by boisdevie
Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:09 am
Forum: News
Topic: Jihad Watch
Replies: 459
Views: 63184

I'm sure that candles and another rousing chorus of 'dont look back in anger' will make homicidal Muslims think twice.
by boisdevie
Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:40 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: New coronavirus in/from China
Replies: 7891
Views: 246238

kenneal - lagger wrote: So I would probably want it as a vaccine or similar
I'd also like things

1. A Ferrari 250GTO
2. An economy that's not dying on it's arse

I think we may both be disappointed/
by boisdevie
Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:21 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: New coronavirus in/from China
Replies: 7891
Views: 246238

UndercoverElephant wrote:
It wasn't meant precisely.
Then why did you say it? Doesn't precision in language matter to you?
by boisdevie
Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:04 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: New coronavirus in/from China
Replies: 7891
Views: 246238

I personally suspect it won't spike because this virus is somewhat suppressed by warm, dry weather. My best guess is that a combination of people being careful and warm weather will keep a lid on the epidemic (in the UK) until October/November. Then it will spike again, just in time for Christmas. ...
by boisdevie
Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:59 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: New coronavirus in/from China
Replies: 7891
Views: 246238

That's not going to happen in the USA. The Christian Right wouldn't allow it. Every one having a gun? That's a different matter however!! It is indeed different. Everyone in the US isn't ALLOWED to have a gun. There are rules you know. Trump hasn't got around to those yet then. Since you're a moder...
by boisdevie
Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:45 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: New coronavirus in/from China
Replies: 7891
Views: 246238

vtsnowedin wrote:Now if a women gets pregnant because the lockdown kept her from keeping her birth control current is HMG responsible for the child support? :?
In this case I think you'll find it's the fault of a man somewhere - it always is.
by boisdevie
Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:46 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: New coronavirus in/from China
Replies: 7891
Views: 246238

Some immigrants make really poor decisions but rather than taking responsibility for this they'd rather blame everyone else. Fairly difficult to make rational decisions, if you've got somebody kneeling on your neck for 9 minutes ? You spectacularly failed to miss my point - which is down to you dec...
by boisdevie
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:11 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: New coronavirus in/from China
Replies: 7891
Views: 246238

Mark wrote: Some immigrants hold all the power, justice and money - some immigrants get the shitty end of the stick.....
Some immigrants make really poor decisions but rather than taking responsibility for this they'd rather blame everyone else.
by boisdevie
Fri May 29, 2020 8:52 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: New coronavirus in/from China
Replies: 7891
Views: 246238

That's fine fuzzy, but what about all the transmission that goes on before people become symptomatic. You have no control over who gets which strain so you don't know which strain will predominate. And we don't have a simple test to decide who has which strain. Then those who are vulnerable or who ...
by boisdevie
Tue May 26, 2020 1:30 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: New coronavirus in/from China
Replies: 7891
Views: 246238

Catweazle wrote: That's definitely not within the spirit of the lockdown - that's your interpretation. He broke no law

not within the gov't guidelines - guidelines aren't law,
and pretty shoddy behaviour - is not an argument.
by boisdevie
Tue May 26, 2020 12:39 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Why Our Economy May Be Headed for a Decade of Depression
Replies: 20
Views: 1628

kenneal - lagger wrote: So you will remove all environmental and health protection and let the psychopaths of industry despoil your country for decades to come
Care to provide any evidence to support your assertion. Oh, you forgot to say that VT wanted people to die. And puppies.
by boisdevie
Fri May 22, 2020 11:01 am
Forum: News
Topic: Companies going bankrupt/into administration
Replies: 752
Views: 142071

Casual Dining Group, which owns the Bella Italia and Café Rouge restaurant chains, warned it was headed into administration – casting doubt over the future of its 250 restaurants.